Thermasilica: What really is it and how does it produce heat?
It’s Nasofix’s trademark and I’ve been searching online but I didn’t find any information about this except for “thermal silicon”. Nevertheless, this thing does really produce heat and it works!
But we were warned not to soak or clean the device with water and I’m kinda curious (like other users) on how sensitive the device is to moisture and how to prolong the efficacy of this special part – Thermasilica.
I clean my Nasofix with a cotton ball moistened with alcohol before use only. After using it, I just wrap the Thermasilica pads tightly with folded facial napkin. In this way, the device will revert back to its original shape (above photo) -and maintaining its pressure as well!
Though I’m sure I’m doing the right thing here, I emailed their customer support ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) just to clarify things and to acquire facts from the manufacturer itself.
These are the few questions I asked from the company:
- How sensitive is Nasofix to moisture and how to optimize and prolong the efficacy of the Thermasilica?
- Should it be cleaned with alcohol alone?
- How often should this be cleaned?
- Any suggestions on how to properly store this device?
Here are the answers I got:
- Nasofix once soak in water will be deactivated but accidental short-time moisture or wetness is fine.
- There is no way to prolong the life of the Thermasilica as it naturally fails to produce heat at the 4 to 6 months of usage.
- The client could also rotate the Thermasilica to make sure both sides are used.
- It should only be cleansed with alcohol only before and after use.
- Store the device in a cool and dry place.
With proper care, this device can be used up to 6 months! How cool is that?! 🙂
Please read my Nasofix review here.